Lakhani Laminated glass units consist of two or more glass panes bonded together by a thin core material, usually polyvinyl butyral (PVB). The interlayer keeps the layers of glass bonded even when broken and its high strength prevents the glass from breaking up into large sharp pieces. This safety glass reduces the risk of injuries upon breakage of the glass, eliminates security risk and increases the insulation properties of the unit
– Indistinguishable from monolithic glass of the same thickness
– Breaks safely with broken pieces of glass remaining bonded to the interlayer.
– Resists penetration providing a barrier preventing people or objects passing through the glass.
– Provide security from vandalism, deliberate physical attack end even from firearms.
– Improved levels of noise reduction.
– Provides protection from damaging UV light.
– Wide range of types to meet the many different design requirements.